Mukand Lal Public School
Sarojini Colony ,Yamuna Nagar
Annual School Report 2015
Good evening to one and all
Honourable Chief Guest of this evening Ch. Kanwar Pal Guzzar, Speaker,Haryana Legislative assembly. Our most respected Sh. Ashok Kumar ji, Chairman Seth jai Parkash Mukand Lal Institutions of Knowledge and Service, Sethani Shyama Ji, Dr. K.L. Johar,Former VC, GJU, Hissar, Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Manager, Educationists, Members of the managing Committee , Heads of the various institutions, Dignitaries , Respected parents, friends from press, members of faculty and dear students
It gives me immense pleasure to accord a warm and hearty welcome to the chief guest of this evening Sh. Kanwar pal Guzzar, Hon’able Speaker,Haryana Legislative assembly .
It is with a great sense of honour I greet our chairman Sh. Ashok Kumar Ji and Sethani Shayama Ji for presiding over the function.I greet all the academicians,diginitaries and beloved parents for gracing the occasion.
Ch. Kanwar Pal Ji ,a Mukandian ,graduated from M. L. N. College, Yamuna Nagar , is the son of the soil, a renowned agriculturist ,has contributed a lot to uplift the farmers of Yamuna Nagar district , a dynamic and seasoned politician always available at call and ready to help.
I am privileged to undertake the pleasant duty of presenting a brief report of the school in its 18th year.
This institution was established in 1998 in the fond memory of Seth Mukand Lal ji, who practiced Gandhian philosophy all through his life.
This school is one of the most established institutions of the twin city that offers an excellent environment to develop competent,confident and enterprising citizens. Our belief is that every student is an individual with a distinct learning style, learning pace and learning aspirations. Hence a pedagogical shift of methodology from traditional to global, scientific and experiential.
“Success is dependent on effort and is the sum of small efforts. “
This academic year being another year of success.our board results of classes XII & X were 100% for the 12th year in succession.
In class XII out of 134 students 17 secured above 90%. Nikita of Commerece obtained 97.6%, getting 9th rank at National level. Vishwas topper of Science stream secured 96.6%
Nikita and Mridal secured 100% in Accountancy & Informatic Practices respectively, Vishwas and Ayushi got 99% in Chemistry and Rima secured 99% in Biology. They have been awarded Merit Certificates by CBSE being national toppers.
Ankur joined NIT, Allahabad, Vishwas , BITS Pillani, Anukriti joined MBBS in Jamnagar and many others have secured admission in Delhi University and other Engineering colleges of the state.
Toppers were awarded at a gala graduation ceremony.
9 students of class X and have been awarded with certificate of excellence by CBSE for achieving the highest grade CGPA 10 each.
Members of faculty too have been felicitated by Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the excellent results of the school.
Strenous exercise and interest in games provides an outlet to the vigor of youth . Ample opportunities are being provided to students to play and prove their strength in various sports and games at school, cluster, regional and National level :
- Ritika won gold medal in 800m, Mandeep won Silver in High Jump and Navneet bagged Bronze in 100m in CBSE North Zone Athletic Championship . Ritika and Mandeep have been selected for Nationals .
- Ritu got first position in District Yoga Championship.
- Our Cricket team is the District Champion.
- Mandeep won gold medal in High Jump at State Athletic Championship.
- Shorya won gold medal in District Weight Lifting.
- Taranjeet and Mayank got first position in District Level Boxing and were selected for State .
- Navneet got gold medal in 200m & Long Jump, Vishpartap won silver in 200m & High Jump, Mandeep got silver medal in High Jump at District Athletics Championship.
- Vishakha won gold medal at District Table Tennis and Bronze at State level.
The Annual Athletic Meet ensuring 100% participation observed a spectacular March past by the four houses and witnessed outstanding performances by the students. The best athletes were awarded. Shanti house won the athletics trophy.
The schools endeavor is to impart quality education to the students and hence evolved its traditions as per the guidelines of CBSE. Many a co-curricular activities are being conducted to provide exposure to the students to overcome stage fear, inculcate confidence and harness their artistic and linguistic skills.
Meditation and Yoga is offered as a part of curriculum for all.
The future leaders-nominated body of students were sworn in May to instill the team spirit, a sense of leadership and responsibility . Pratyush as Head Boy and Shagun as Head Girl . One week long workshop was arranged to groom these budding leaders.
Our belief is that the character formation is an integral part of the process of education. Therefore we try to inculcate among learners the value of truth, tolerance and respect for all, emphasize the importance of discipline, integrity and worthiness of time.
To help the students exhibit their multifarious talent each one is an active member of a specific hobby club or a society.
Debates, declamations, Poetry recitations, Quizzes, Poster Making, Slogan ,and Essay writing, performing arts-dance, drama, monoacting, drawing and painting, handicrafts, calligraphy, word games etc. were organized.
Our students participated and excelled in many a such activities:
- Our Drama Team was the winner at National Science Drama Fest ,each member was awarded Tablet by the school .Drama teacher, Mr. Gaurav was declared as the Best director and Mohit as the best actor.
- Shashank of class X was declared as winner in Maha Genius online quiz contest at National level.
- Rose of Class I participated in Dancing star reality show .
- Our Quiz team stood first in District Science Quiz, second at Zonal level and participated in State level winning cash award of Rs. 15,000/-
- Ishita and Aaryan of class VIII got cash award of Rs. 1000/- & Rs. 800/- respectively in All India Talent Search Examination.
- Two teams represented District with their projects in State children’s Science Congress.
- Articles of seven students got selected at National level and have been invited to the Writer’s Workshop in Dec.
- Chinmaya,Mohit,Suryansh,Aaman,Priyanshi,Shagun,Rananjay,Anshika, Ananya,Shivli proved their mettle in oratory skills at various inter school debates and declamations.
- Shashank stood First, Vaibhav Second in Mimicry-at District level cultural show.
- Our team stood first in Bournvita Quiz Contest at District level and got selected for Zonals.
Weeks,days & festivals of national and international importance were celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm.The activities of legal literacy club, Health and wellness club , National unity day, National education day, Tagore Day, Space week and vigilance week need special mention.
Summer Camp full of activities, mass flag marches to create awareness towards voting right, Swatch Bharat Abhiyan, beti bachao beti padao nurturing green environment and Eco friendly Diwali were organized.
First youth parliament by class XI was organized giving an insight about the functioning of Indian Parliament to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Dr.B.R Ambedkar.
One day trip to Aqua Village, Pinjore, Chhatbir Zoo and Planetarium Kurukshetra were arranged for the students of classes KG to XII.
Feast was arranged to celebrate children’s day, Lohri and the new year.
The commitment of this institution to the society is evident through the support being given to more than 147 students of less privileged section with full fee concession , 45 students have been adopted and freeships are being given to the tune of 26 lacs a year.
Study loan facility for higher studies is also available for the needy students.
Parents, well wishers and friends donated 196 units of blood at the 2nd Blood Donation Mela encouraging the spirit of compassion.
Our school activites and information is available on our website www.mlpschool.edu.in
Staying updated is the key to success especially in the field of education. Our teachers constantly strive to stay updated by attending workshops and various training programs.
There had been lot many expansions during the year
- 26 additional smart class rooms equipment amounting Rs.33 lakhs have been added raising the number of smart classes to 62 hence the school is a complete Smart School now.
- Extra Marks software is being used to supplement the teaching.
- All the labs and activity Halls have also been provided with projector and smart boards.
- 20 double seaters, 40 single seaters have been added to the existing furniture.
- CCTV camers have been installed in all the five buses besides GPRS & speed checks.
- One water cooler has been added raising the number to 11.
- Sound System has been laid in the corridors of 1st and 2nd
- Like previous years this year too all the students, visitors and the workmen have been insured.
- Library has been enriched with the addition of 508 books and the subscription of more number of periodicals.
To conclude, I express my sincere gratitude to our chairman Sh. Ashok Kumar Ji and to the members of Managing Committee for their continued guidance, visionary approach and unstinted co-operation.
My hearty thanks to the Manager Dr. Ramesh Kumar for his consistent support.
My thanks and deep sense of appreciation are due to the committed and hardworking teaching & non teaching staff for their dedicated service which is key to all the success & achievements.
Parent teacher meetings are arranged regularly and we cherish their co-operation and constructive suggestions in imparting the quality education. I take this opportunity to thank all the parents for rendering their help and meaningful interaction.
I congratulate the prize winners and their proud parents who are being awarded this evening for excelling in academics, sports and co-curricular activities.
We will continue our unceasing efforts to mould the young minds in to well balanced personalities with a confidence and zeal befitting the standards of education.
I entrust our school to the divine hands of God Almighty to help and guide us in the journey ahead.
Thankyou very much and have a pleasant evening.